Sunday, August 30, 2026

Exciting News

 I have decided with help and assistance from family to become a seller at an arts and crafts fair. This is a massive step for me in many ways, firstly being autistic this is and can be overwhelming.  I want to keep stepping out of my comfort zone, to challenge myself to do new things, go to new places.  This is only possible with the support physically and mentally from my family, and it's all thanks to them for suggesting I give it a go.


I decided a few months ago for my first event I go to obviously needs to be accessible as I am a full time power chair user, but a fun one! I will be doing an Arts and Crafts with a halloween alternative theme! I have been busy in the background designing and making things to take to sell.  I can give you a sneak peak of my mocked up table! I still have many things to finish and design, with about 1 month left to create them in.

There are a lot of spaces to be filled, with things in the making, but I wanted to share where I am right now.....almost ready!

Note to self.... make sure table cloth and runners are straight!

My folding table is 6ft, its surprising how quickly its filled!


A few close ups:

This is my original design of a halloween Liberty fabric Bat Plant.

This is another Liberty fabric Plant

My own cross stitch design finished and complete with stitched ants within the box frame.  Another small frame with a stitched skeleton squashed inside!. The box has some bit not all of pins brooches and keyring.

This is a Halloween decorative house and graveyard.  In the background is a spider web branch complete with all different bugs.

A little tray with key ring houses and pins.

The background has my tiny miniature house plants all hand embroidered and in the front are empty - soon to be filled and complete!

I have already had so much fun creating and making all these things, I took out one years liability insurance with The National Market Traders Federation (NMTF) as I plan to go to more throughout the next year. 

When I have dates I will let you all know where I am going to be and I hope to see you there if you can make it!

Until next time...keep stitching!

1 comment:

  1. Everything looks amazing, best of luck to you with the market. Sue

    ReplyDelete